1. Follow general directions below for handling Athens and Apollo fillo dough.
2. Melt 2 tablespoons butter. Layer 4 fillo sheets, brushing each with melted
3. A. For small triangles, cut layered fillo into 8 strips. About 1" from
bottom of each strip, place 1/2 to 2 teaspoons of cooled filling. (see step 3A)
B. For medium triangles, cut layered fillo into 4
strips. About 1" from bottom of each strip, place 1 to 2 tablespoons of cooled
filling. (see step 3B)
C. For large triangles, cut layered fillo in half
lengthwise. About 1" from bottom of each strip, place 1/4 cup of cooled
filling. (see step 3C)
4. Fold one corner of fillo diagonally across to opposite edge to form a
triangle. (see steps 4 and 5)
5. Continue to fold triangle onto itself. Brush outside with butter.
6. Lay triangles seam side down, at least 1" apart, on ungreased cookie sheet
or baking pan.
7. Bake small and medium triangles in preheated 350ºF oven for about 15 to 20
minutes or until golden brown. Bake large triangles at 350ºF for 25 to 30
Back to Shapes and Uses